Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

How to use email address as password?
(1 Leser) (1) Gast
  • Seite:

THEMA: How to use email address as password?

How to use email address as password? 6 Jahre, 11 Monate her #1

• farzan_mj
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there,

I am wondering is there anyway that instead of specifying a password hacking the coding in a way that registered users by only entering their email address access to the content.

In the other word, is there any way that instead of specifying a password make a connection between the list of email address on community builder or joomla or even away to make a list of register Emails and user by entering any of the approved email addresses be able to open the page.

I would greatly appreciate if you could help me with that.

Cheers,
Farzan

How to use email address as password? 6 Jahre, 11 Monate her #2

• farzan_mj
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there,

I am wondering is there anyway that instead of specifying a password hacking the coding in a way that registered users by only entering their email address access to the content.

In the other word, is there any way that instead of specifying a password make a connection between the list of email address on community builder or joomla or even away to make a list of register Emails and user by entering any of the approved email addresses be able to open the page.

I would greatly appreciate if you could help me with that.

Cheers,
Farzan

How to use email address as password? 6 Jahre, 11 Monate her #3

• progandy
  • Administrator
You could create a custom SQL-query.

Anyways, a feature in the next version will be to grant access to all registered users when the are logged in.
Propably I'll implement predefined SQL-queries, too. This will help to improve security when using queries since then only users with access to the plugin configuration can define queries and not all members who can create articles, but htey will be able to use the predefined ones.

How to use email address as password? 6 Jahre, 11 Monate her #4

• farzan_mj
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks mate,

But I do not want them to log in, because my users mostly forget their passwords, so instead I want to ask them only enter their email address.(However these email addressees are already stored in the joomla databse under registered users).

Writing a SQL_query is difficult? Cause I have no idea what is that

progandy schrieb:
You could create a custom SQL-query.

How to use email address as password? 6 Jahre, 11 Monate her #5

• progandy
  • Administrator
A query is not too difficult, but you have to know where the mail is saved. Then the code would be something like this:
{password sql="SELECT * FROM #__users WHERE email='%password%' AND `block`=0 AND activation='' LIMIT 1"}

Edit: Added check for activation. I don't know whether this works when CommunityBuilder is used.

How to use email address as password? 6 Jahre, 11 Monate her #6

• farzan_mj
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks a lot
Do I need to replace "FROM" and "WHERE"?

{password sql="SELECT * FROM #__users WHERE email='%password%' AND `block`=0 AND activation='' LIMIT 1"}
  • Seite:
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.11 Sekunden